Friday, May 15, 2009

All Hail the Gnome

Band saw boxes. Cheap wood.

I love gnomes, incase my picture didn't give it away. Someday, I hope to have a huge garden full of them. I wish I could make them all the time, but that would be silly, and weird. So from now on, they'll have to do as a hobby. However, the mushroom box was for a Metlas 2 project. It was also the first time I got to work with Pewter, both casting and hollow forming. I love it. I can't wait to do more stuff with it. The gnome guy was just a little something I made last summer.



Mushroom Box. Pewter. Formed with chasing tools. The little gnome inside is a wax cast.

Gnome in a Cage. Bass wood. Carved with an x-acto knife.



Gnome Guy. Brass. Wax cast.


Second Gnome in a Cage. Cheap wood. Carved with the band saw and an x-acto knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment